Friday, February 8, 2013

I Saw a Windmill

Yes - on my way from the airport to The Hague on Sunday, I saw a real, honest to goodness, Dutch windmill and I almost peed with excitement!  Who would have guessed that I would have saw one so soon!  Oh I think I might just enjoy this whole living in another country thing! (this wasn't the actual one but it looked like this!)

So windmills aside, I have decided to start a new blog chronicling my life here in The Hague.  I can't promise that it will always be exciting, but I am pretty confident that I will make you laugh from time-to-time as I learn to navigate living my life outside of Canada for the very first time.  Yes, I have travelled a lot (see my other blog - www.calgaryheather.blogspot.ca) but I have always said, that living somewhere is different than travelling somewhere - so this will be about my living and my other blog will be about my travelling, if I ever get around to updating it.  Yes - I know I am a trip or two behind!

So with that, I am about to try and find Albert Heijn aka the grocery store (www.ah.nl).  If you clink on this link you will see that most websites here are in Dutch and yours truly knows no Dutch.  I have however figured out which link on the website I need to hit to figure out where the closest Albert Heijn is - so here is to not getting lost and to trying to figure out what I am buying!   If I don't blog in a day or so, that means that I am lost and am wandering aimlessly about The Hague trying to find my way home! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Well I started at the third entry and worked my way back so I knew you actually found your way home and back before I got here. I can't wait to "live" vicarously in the Netherlands through your blog. As for the travel one I will keep an eye on it to see if you EVER get it updated, but with this new position you will probably be busy for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started at you lasted blog and worked my way back. It all sounds like so much fun and even with your new challenges. We miss you tons and the same time wish you all the best. Look forward to hearing all of you stories.

    ReplyDelete