Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A little bit from home

This is what 75 kg looks like.
My air freight was delivered Monday morning before I left for work and thank God because although I thought I had packed well in my suit case, I hadn't and was starting to question my clothing choices. (keep in mind that I had one entire suit case filled with beach wear from my holiday to Mexico that preceded my move!  Given my comments on the weather, none of it is helpful!)  Included in my air freight were a couple of warm jackets, a toque and another scarf - thankfully because as I have mentioned - it is COLD here!

Once I started to unpack my air freight on Monday, after work, reality set - although they managed to pack almost all of my clothes in my main closet (my fall/winter stuff), they ran out of weight space so didn't pack my pants and half of my skirts.  For those of you who have seen my closet and know me well, it is rather organized, what I now have to wear on my bottom half is a collection of skirts - all which are stripped in some fashion and one in a leopard print.  They weren't able to fit in the solid skirts or my pants.  So for the next 6 weeks I will either being one of 2 pair of black pants I brought in my suit case or a stripped skirt.  Yah, not to smart!  Oh, and I only have 2 pair of jeans with me yet I seem have 4 pair of yoga pants - go figure!!!!

I am not sure when the rest of my possessions will arrive.  I imagine that they are bobbing around in the Atlantic Ocean right now.  Even if there were to arrive here tomorrow,  I can't get them as 1)  I don't have a permanent place to live yet (starting the search on Friday) 2) I haven't been able to register at the town hall yet (that is next Thursday) and without doing that I don't have my BSN (kinda like our SIN I think) and residence permit which seems to be a prerequisite for EVERYTHING around here, including getting a cell phone and for having getting my stuff imported into the country.  So hopefully by the end of next week, I can start moving ahead on some of that stuff.

2 comments: