Monday, February 18, 2013

Comforts of Home

Starbucks - I found it!!!! Now I know what you are thinking - you are in Europe and they have way better coffee there - that is true, but to finally find one of of the comforts of home was great! Short of letting out a small scream or jumping for joy, a big smile came across my face as I rounded the corner at the train station on Saturday morning and saw the sign. I had seen the odd person at the train station carrying a Starbucks cup but I honestly thought that they were people coming off of trains from Amsterdam, as Starbucks does not have the proliferation here that there is in North American (which isn't a bad thing b/c there is way better coffee out there!) Now I haven't been yet but it is nice to know that it is there and it is so close. :-)  

It is a small comfort of home. . . particularly when I am living in a country where you can't even buy bleach!  Yes, it is true - you cannot buy bleach here, so I bought some at the Antwerp Train Station at the Spar.  I will buy it where I can find it! (see my travel blog - My Journeys www.calgaryheather.blogspot.ca)

1 comment: